Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Baby Speedos

Is there anything more adorable than toddlers running around in swimsuits? 

No, of course not. 

But I ask you, is there anything more disgusting than cleaning up a toddler with a poopy swim diaper?  I'm not talking about those disposable Finding Nemo Huggies swim diapers that are designed for you to peel off VERY CAREFULLY and throw straight into the trash.  I'm talking about the baby speedos that are made of non-absorbent swimsuit material that they wear underneath their swimtrunks.  These are basically designed to "trap" the "solids" until you have a chance to dispose of them...ew.  Here is a particularly handsome model showing off his speedo:



By way of background explanation, my son's "swim school" is far from what I remember from swim lessons.  They swim indoors in a 90 degree heated salt water pool (which the hippies tell me is "safer" and "more natural" than using chlorine and other skin-peeling chemicals), and disposable swim diapers are NOT ALLOWED at the facility.  Again, the hippies tell me that the aforementioned baby speedos are "safer" and "better for the environment" than the disposable ones.  They also conveniently hock the baby speedos at the front door when you first check in for $12 a pop.

It's all good and "environmentally friendly" until you have to peel one of those babies off and find to your complete surprise that there is a soggy mess awaiting you.  I will admit that there were times when I seriously considered just dropping those bad boys straight into the garbage and forking over another $12 just to avoid having to deal with the mess.  Don't judge me. 

Kuddos to all those that do the cloth diaper thing.  You are saving the environment one Diaper Genie at a time.  For me, I'll just focus on recycling my paper and plastic and buying organic produce every once in awhile.  And word to the wise--even if your child's swimming pool is run by hippies, don't drink the water.  Even baby speedos have their limits.     

No comments:

Post a Comment